Friday, July 9, 2010

I Disapprove of: CHICKENS


I once volunteered at a farm where one of my jobs was to collect chicken eggs. It was one of the weirdest things I had ever seen. I was collecting eggs from the upstairs chicken coop, where they keep the ugly chickens with no feathers so the visitors don't see them, and I noticed one had died in the corner. Then, as I gazed at this dead bird, another chicken crawls on top of it, bows its head, as if it was mourning the loss of its chicken lover and laid an egg directly on top of the dead chicken. I never collected or touched that eggs, I felt like would have been some weird karma/voodoo shit and with the bad luck I already have, I don't really need any kind of chicken curse.
So yeah, I disapprove of chickens... and most poultry, for no real reason, they just freak me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment